1/11/2022: Update from Safe Berks
Due to the surge in COVID positive cases throughout Berks County and out of the utmost concern for the health and safety of our staff, residents, clients, and community, Safe Berks business offices will be closed 1/10/22-1/23/22 and staff will be working remotely until Monday 1/24/22. Our Hotline, text line, and emergency shelter remain open and available 24/7. Safe Berks 24-hour Hotline: 844-789-SAFE (7233) or text SAFE BERKS to 20121. All other services will continue to be provided using a virtual format. Please stay safe!
Due to the health risk of the coronavirus (COVID-19), Safe Berks is not accepting used goods at this time.
We have specific needs for new items. These items can be shipped to:
Safe Berks, 255 Chestnut St., Reading, PA 19602
or to make other arrangements, contact: Alexis Dawkins, Donor Relations Administrator,
at 610-373-1206, ext 115, or AlexisD@SafeBerks.
New Items Only:
- Hair Brushes
- Deodorant – for Women and Men
- Razors – for Women and Men
- Sippy Cups
- Hair Ties/Scrunchies/Hairbands
- Textured Hair Care Products including Softee brand styling gel & coconut oil
- Baby Bottle cleaners
- Coats for Women, Men and Teens – all sizes
- Liquid Laundry Detergent
- Diapers – Size 4, 5 & 6
- Baby Wipes
- Diaper Rash Creme
- Infant Care & Grooming Kits
- Fall & Winter Clothes & Coats – all sizes
- Women’s jeans & leggings – all sizes
- Underwear for women, girls and boys – all sizes
- Body Wash & Bar Soap
- Rolling Luggage/Duffel Bags/Tote Bags
- Sheets for Twin-Size Beds
- Sneakers & Shoes – all sizes for women, men, teens & children
- Flip Flops for Women, Men, Teens & Children – all sizes
- Towels & Wash Cloths
- Pajamas – all sizes for women, men, teens & children
- Slippers – anti-slip soles – all sizes for women, teens & children
- Plastic Storage Containers with Lids
- Baby & Toddler Strollers
- Paper Plates
- Phone Chargers (Type C & Micro USB for android phones)
- Wall Adapters
- Ear Buds/Headphones
- Gas Gift Cards (Sheetz)
- CVS Gift Cards
- Walmart Gift Cards/Grocery Store Gift Cards
- BARTA Bus passes
We appreciate your generosity so much! Thank you for your understanding and help.
To access our free services for survivors of domestic violence and sexual assault, please call our 24-hour Hotline at 844-789-SAFE (7233) of text SAFE BERKS to 20121.
Please call Safe Berks at 610-373-1206 or e-mail FrancineS@SafeBerks.org if you have a service you could provide in-kind to Safe Berks. Some in-kind gifts are tax deductible.
Safe Berks is a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization. Your contribution is tax deductible to the extent allowed by law. The official registration and financial information of Safe Berks may be obtained from the Pennsylvania Department of State’s website at www.charities.pa.gov.