All Legal Services are:
- BILINGUAL (English & Spanish)
- Come with you to police interview
- Come with you to criminal hearings
- Assist with filing Protection From Abuse (PFA) Orders; Sexual Violence Protection Orders (SVPO); or Protection From Intimidation Orders (PFI)
- Legal Representation may be available for Final Hearings of PFA/SVPO or on campus at College Administrative Hearings
- Safe Berks offers Assistance and Support for College Students in Berks County who are dealing with issues including Sexual Assault, Stalking or Dating Violence
Contact for College Students
Carmen J. Bloom White, Esq.,Attorney/Advocate for College Students
Carmen is available to assist students from Albright College, Alvernia University, Kutztown University, Penn State Berks, and Reading Area Community College. Working for college students whose lives are affected by dating violence or sexual assault, Carmen represents students in court when they seek protective orders. She is also available to simply listen as a confidential advocate, and can guide students through options available to them. Carmen regularly serves as an “advisor of choice” in on-campus Title IX proceedings, and can help survivors navigate the criminal justice system. Carmen and other members of the Safe Berks staff also provide many educational programs and events for local college students.
No one deserves to be abused!
- Nothing you have ever said, done, or not done makes it okay for anyone to hurt you.
- You and those you love can be safe.
- To schedule an appointment with Legal Services, call 610-373-1206
Additional Information about Temporary Protection Orders
Applications for Temporary Protection Orders are made between 8 a.m. and 2 p.m. at the Protection From Abuse Office located on the 1st floor of the Berks County Services Center at 633 Court Street in Reading.
You may be eligible for Safe Berks legal representation at no cost. If a hearing date is scheduled, call the Safe Berks office at 610-373-1206 ext 107 to schedule an appointment. Legal representation is not guaranteed.
If you are in danger, escape this page and dial 911.
or Text SAFE BERKS to 20121